Friday, January 29, 2016

Somewhere in the Ardennes

Somewhere in the Ardennes
(click to embiggen)

One of our local hostelries has a small alcove squirrelsd away on the way to the smoking area. In it, you will occasionally find small diorama. The most recent addition is this impressive piece of Second World War work, set sometime around around the Battle of the Bulge.



Royal Tiger & crew
(click to embiggen)

The figures are in 1/32 scale I reckon, but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to the manufacturers.


SS troops leading American prisoners away
(click to embiggen)

The whole set up is about 18" x 18" and I have done my best to try to capture the look of the thing albeit with a camera phone and poor lighting. They don't show up too badly despite having been taken through glass. 

German motorcyclist with sidecar
(click to embiggen)

The previous  diorama was made up of Prince August Romans in 28 mm and I am kicking myself I did not get a picture at the time.

Another angle 
(click to embiggen)

This is another of the idiosyncrasies that make this particular pub appeal to me so much. I really must find out who did the work and find out what we can look forward to in the future.  






10 comments: