Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Figures from Painted Napoleonic Armies

A Chasseur of the Guard in the process of being based

The chap above, as I'm sure you well know, is a Chasseur of the Guard, speciffically a regretably rare Revell figure. I picked him up from Simon Bennison of Painted Napoleonic Armies. Simon runs a business selling prepainted Napoleonic armies via the web. I've bought stuff from him before. The painting isn't competition standard, but its perfectly acceptable for playing pieces, which is what I'm looking for and the service is very friendly. Simon also takes commissions, so my chaps were done to my particular unit organisation. I don't think I'll be buying any complete armies just yet, but that said the lads do the job and it might be worth having a look at his catalogue if you fancy getting some troops on the table quickly.



5 comments:

  1. Splendid figure, but I'm a bit concerned - recent photos on this blog show miniature soldiers out of doors - in the garden, or similar. You and your armies haven't been thrown out, have you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not at all. Mrs Kinch is far too sensible. I have taken to photography out of doors because the light is so much better.

      Delete
  2. Your chasseur is a rather dashing sort, don't you think?

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete