Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Another good man gone


One of Mrs Kinchs grandfathers men in the act of flying the flag at half mast

Mrs Kinch's maternal grandfather died last week at the age of 93. It was not unexpected, but it was still a shock to all concerned. I shall miss our conversations about books and toy soldiers, his company and his puckish sense of humour. I'll also miss the abuse he hurled at the television whenever certain politicians or singers were pictured. He taught my wife almost all of the obscene songs that she knows and all about the Crimea. He will be missed.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sure your memories of him will be stay bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only heard a few anecdotes yet I feel it would have been a great pleasure to have met him.

    Fewer and fewer one can say that about. I raise a glass and wish God speed.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conrad Kinch,

    I am very sorry to hear of your family's loss. He sounds like he was a grand old gentlemen!

    Please pass on my condolences to your wife and relatives.

    All the best,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like he was certainly a character. My condolences.
    Feel free to share some of those obscene songs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gentlemen, thank you very much for your kind words. I have passed them on to my wife's family.

    ReplyDelete