Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Mrs Kinch comes bearing a gift...

We celebrated our anniversary last week. It hardly seems like three years and we've come a long way since then and achieved some extraordinary things.

It did also lead to a rather odd conversation that Mrs Kinch had with a lady in a restaurant, "Oh so you're into leather."

I was very confused.

I certainly wasn't confused when Mrs Kinchs entirely apposite gift arrived today. A print of Lady Butlers "The 28th Regiment at Quatre Bras" which will be taking pride of place in my study as soon as it is framed.

7 comments:

  1. Hi CK,

    Many belated congratulations to you both - Mrs Kinch is obviously a lady of extraordinarily good taste in her choice of present!

    All the best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huzzah for you and Mrs.K!

    After my recent acquisition of the LIFE magazine with that picture on the cover, I did a little research and found that it resides here in my home-town of Melbourne in the National Gallery of Victoria! One of our club members has already been to worship...errr, view... it and says it's even more impressive in the flesh.

    The Gallery of NSW in Sydney also owns the Charge of the 4th Hussars at Friedland by Detaille, so one day I'm going to view them both in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Conrad Kinch (and Mrs Kinch),

    Congratulations and best wishes,

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a keeper. (The print too )
    I think you should marry her again, just to be sure, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would echo that last comment last comment

    I mean again again

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations indeed, Mrs Kinch have really learnt a lot about you in just three years.

    And incidentally, thanks for the post on "leather": I've just discovered that I arrived to "China" last April this year (that we celebrated with a trip to Paris, both children included)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A belated happy anniversary, and a 'well done you, all round, to Madam K'

    as ever,

    Paul

    ReplyDelete